CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Review: Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefolds

I purchased the Thirsties Duo Hemp Prefolds size one. I paired them with the Thirsties Diaper Cover X-Small at first and am now pairing them with the Thirsties Duo Wrap. These prefolds are so flexible for folding and trim compared to my indian cotton prefolds. The Thirsties prefold is also absorbant. My son is a heavy wetter, and though these won't make it through past 2.5 hours, that is usually enough to make it through a daytime nap. I can't say that about the indian cotton prefolds. These did the trick, and the Thirsties Diaper Covers or Duo Wraps contain the messes. I definitely think I made the right choice in purchasing these for my newborn. With the size one, I am still able to fold down the back for a smaller rise and pull the edges around to attach to the front with a snappi. When I can't do that anymore, I will definitely fold them the way Thirsties suggests and tuck them inside my duo wraps.

I don't have one bad thing to say about these prefolds. They are trim, absorbant, soft, flexible. All the things you never thought you would see in a prefold. They dry well in the dryer, and I dry them in the sun as often as I can to keep stains at bay and save on energy costs. I NEVER reach for my other prefolds with these in the house (so glad my other prefolds were a gift). When these will no longer work as a diaper on their own, I have no doubt I will be able to add them to some of my pocket diapers for extra absorbancy so less diaper changes during sleepy time :-)
If you are looking to diaper your baby only in prefolds, I would recommend only purchasing these and pairing them with one of the Thirsties Diaper Covers or Duo Wraps. Need extra absorbancy, try sticking a hemp doubler or insert in with these. I never use my indian cotton prefolds with these in the house because of everything I mentioned above. These are a little more expensive than the other prefolds, but I think it is totally worth it. If I wouldn't have received the other prefolds as a gift and bought them instead, I would have been upset that I spent the money on them over these.

If you are looking to supplement your AIO/One Size/Fitteds diaper collection with prefolds, these are the way to go. They are going to be trimmer like your other dipes and way more absorbant. Plus, you can use them as boosters for extra absorbancy later paired inside your other dipes.
Did I mention they are naturally anti-microbial? Cha-Ching!!

If you have questions or if I missed something, PLEASE ask...I love these diapers and would love to talk more about them!


0 comments:

Post a Comment