CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

At Home Mom

One thing I have to share is that I am so excited to become a stay at home mom.  I think sometimes in our society this is frowned upon, but I think it is truly a blessing to be able to do so.  What could be more wonderful than spending as much time as possible with my kids?  Taking time to raise them to the best of my ability...it's a great thing.

I must admit, before pregnancy, I didn't relish cleaning time.  In fact, I hated that time of week.  But now, I have a feeling of purpose in cleaning.  Keeping the house nice for my family as an occupation and not a chore.  I can say the same for cooking.  I find myself getting excited for the days when I can prepare a yummy home cooked meal for my family without the hustle and bustle of leaving work and taking an extra hour or two to make it.  Gone will be the days of hot dogs and mac and cheese for dinner (for the most part ;-P).

So some of you may be wondering...is this just her nesting stage?  I can truly say I don't think so.  I have been feeling this way since day one of finding out we had a miracle on the way.  My nesting stage was much more specific and targeted.  I had to clean the whole house and reorganize every room, and if I didn't do so in the time I had planned...Lord help my attitude.

On top of that, so many weekends of enjoyment doing these things have passed.  Now my belly is getting so big that I am too tired to enjoy being up and about, but the desire is still there.  I love the feeling that I get when my husband comes home with a smile on his face due to the wonderful aroma of something I have cooked and a clean surface on which to eat it.

I am so looking forward to being able to do these things on a regular basis and NOT missing a moment of my child's young years...especially those first months of baby bum cuteness!  Praise the Lord for giving this blessing!  Thank you to my husband for being so supportive of my mommy needs!



0 comments:

Post a Comment