CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Learning All About Cloth Diapering

When Seth and I got pregnant, we decided cloth diapering was the best choice for us.  You might be wondering...how could cloth diapering be an option at all these days?  Cloth diapering isn't what it used to be.  The whole process has become modernized and very easy.  I learned that this was the cutest, safest and most economical way to diaper my child.  I must say, researching and buying cloth diapers has been a super fun experience, and I find that I am addicted to them!

Cloth diapers can save thousands over disposables for one child.  Not to mention the additional savings for each additional child if you take good care of the dipes each time around.  There are so many options to obtain cloth diapers.  FREE: I had a friend that wanted to get rid of her cloth diaper stash so she gave them all to me...over a $300 value (from my research).  BUY NEW: I also chose to purchase some cloth diapering supplies.  BUY USED: Now don't snub your nose at this option.  There are lots of online communities that offer gently used cloth diapers at a discount.  Just strip the dipes when you get them and you are good to go on a nickel instead of a dime.  Even if you buy a whole stash new for one child, the average savings per child is between $1800-$2000 over disposables.  Plus your child won't get the harm of all the toxins, and you will be saving the earth from all your potential disposable diapers laying in a landfill for hundreds of years.

Okay, now to the cute factor...Cloth diapers seriously are the cutest little things that you can put on your baby's bum.  There are many styles in solids and prints.  They can be as easy or as hard as you choose between the different options, but even the hardest of options like prefolds become easy.  Below is a list of my current cloth diaper stash.  I chose to try out a variety of different dipes to see which ones I liked the most.

Okay so that will conclude my first cloth diaper post.  Later I will post about the different types of cloth diapers, why babies love cloth diapers, how to strip them and the process for washing cloth diapers regularly.  I will also do a series of posts after the baby is born reviewing each of the dipes in my stash as well as washing routine changes.  If you have questions, feel free to leave a comment and I will definitely answer to the best of my ability.



0 comments:

Post a Comment